Virginia University of Lynchburg (VUL) seeks to offer quality education and services at the lowest possible costs to each student. The total funds for operating a college program come not only from the student tuition costs but include donations received from alumni, churches, businesses, and friends of the University. VUL has tried to keep the costs of an education at a minimum by seeking funds from other sources other than student tuition. There are several means by which a student may finance his or her education. The following are some of the options available at VUL:
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The results of the FAFSA will be sent to the student in a Student Aid Report (SAR) and will be sent to the school/service in an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR). The financial aid office will then determine aid for which the student may be eligible.
- If an application has been selected for verification, the student will be asked to submit a signed copy of his/her parents’ federal income taxes as well as a Verification Worksheet that will be provided for the student by the Financial Aid Office. The student may also be asked to provide copies of other documents to resolve any conflicting comments flagged on the SAR/ISIR.
- If a student wishes to apply for a low interest student loan, he or she must complete an entrance interview and a Master Promissory Note, which can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office. The student must complete the documents and return these to the Financial Aid Office. The entrance interview contains a blank for listing the amount desired. The student MUST list an amount. To Obtain Federal Student loans please go to the following website www.opennet.salliemae.com.
- The student will be certified with the amount listed, or the amount for which he or she is eligible (if it is less than the amount requested).
- The student will receive an award letter after his or her aid is packaged. The student must sign the award letter and RETURN it to the Financial Aid Office before funds can be disbursed.
A video to help you understand the financial aid process.
Forms & Worksheets
Virginia University of Lynchburg may request a variety of the following forms once the review process begins. All forms are in PDF format, you will need Adobe Reader to view and print the forms. Please send completed forms to
Office of Financial Aid
Virginia University of Lynchburg
2058 Garfield Avenue
Lynchburg, VA 2450
- Independent Verification Worksheet V1 Standard 15-16
- Independent Verification Worksheet V3 Child Support 15-16
- Independent Verification Worksheet V4 Institutional Verification 15-16
- Independent Verification Worksheet V5 Aggregate 15-16
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V1 Standard 15-16
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V3 Child Support 15-16
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V4 Institutional Verification 15-16
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V5 Aggregate 15-16
- Dependent Verification Worksheet V6 Household 15-16